- Seminar, Praktische Informatik
- 2h each week, 2 SWS
- Students will present a selection of papers that will help you understand which threats exist, judge their significance and learn methods to defend your system against hackers. In addition you will explore the mathematical underpinnings of today's most common security tools and protocols.
In order to obtain credits for this seminar, participants are expected to:
- Is possible for Bachelor.
- This seminar can be combined with "VL IT-Sicherheit Grundlagen" "Modul mit Seminar (BSEM)" zur Studienordnung Bachelor Informatik (Mono-Bachelor) [link]
- Attend regularly (at least 90%).
- Read each paper before the seminar, to be adequately prepared for discussion.
- Research an assigned subject; present major findings (30 min presentation; 15 min discussion).
- Presentations will be evaluated by two members of the audience at the end of each class (Bewertungskriterien-Seminarvortrag.pdf).
- Presenters summarize their in a term paper (German or English).
- Presentations may be given in German or English. All documents are in English (exceptions may be granted).
- This seminar is suitable for students of all technical science disciplines who have previously completed courses "GdP" and "algorithms and data structures" or equivalent.
- ---Private or Anonymous Communication: Tools, Building blocks & Limits---
- Password Hashing [html][pdf]
- HASH-basierte Signaturen [https]
- TOR the onion router [pdf][Attack: pdf][Datagram: pdf]
- openPGP [RFC][Handbook GNUpg pdf]
- OTR Off-the-Record Messaging Protocol (version 3) [https]
- OMEMO (Multi-End Message and Object Encryption) [https][https][https]
- TLS 1.3 [blog][RFC]
- Kryptografie mit elliptischen Kurven, ECDSA [pdf]
- Dragonfly Key Exchange [RFC]
- Post Quantum Key Exchange [pdf]
- gnu:net [https]
- VeraCrypt [https][Probleme]
---Authentication: Techniques and Tokens---
- Mozilla Sync 1.5 API (Theory and Praxis) [https][https]
- WebAuthn / FIDO2 / U2F / [W3C][Video][https][WireShark-dissector]
- oAuth2 [oauth.net/2 ]
- Direct Anonymous Attestation (DAA) [pdf]
- One TPM to Bind Them All: Fixing TPM 2.0 for Provably Secure Anonymous Attestation [pdf] (mathematisch anspruchsvoll)
---German electronic IDs---
- DE-Mail [https][TR-01201]
- ePASS [ICAO]
- nPA: PACE, EAC [TR-03110]
- One-TIME-Passwords [RFC6238][RFC4226][https]
- Bitcoin [whitepaper]
- Vergleich: Sofortüberweisung, Giropay, Paydirekt [https][https][https]
- PSD2 Fintech versus klassische Bank [http]
- WLAN WPA-2 KRACK [https][pdf] Felix
- Bluetooth Pairing / KNOB-Attack [Specification / 4.2 Security, 4.2.2 Pairing] [https]
- Bluetooth LE Privacy Concerns [pdf] [pdf] [pdf]
- SSL/TLS Revocation Mechanismen (CRL, OCSP, OCSP-stapling) in Theorie & Praxis [https]
- ... (further topics are possible, also own interesting suggestions are welcome)
|02.11.20|| ||bootstrap / assignment of topics|| |
|02.11.20 || ||consultation (fine tuning of topics)|| |
|09.11.20 ||all||elevator speach|| |
|16.11.20|| || || |
|23.11.20|| || || |
|30.11.20 || || || |
|07.12.20 || || || |
|14.12.20 || || || |
|04.01.21 || || || |
|11.01.21|| || || |
|18.01.21 || || || |
|25.01.21|| || || |
|01.02.21 || || || |
|08.02.21 || || || |
|15.02.21|| || || |
|22.02.21|| ||reserved|| |
| ||Wolf Müller||Literaturverwaltung (getting started)||[pdf]|
Recent / Incoming:
Further Readings (Research@SAR & Books):