IMPORTANT: This is a draft. The final document may differ significantly from the current version.
Abstract: The Systems Architecture Group is engaged in numerous projects: Berlin Roof Net, Anonymous Reputation Management for Social Network Services, and Early Warning Systems for Seismic Activities. Each of these projects requires intensive research to make progress. In this project seminar, we will identify specific problems for each project, review prior art literature, discuss our findings, and regularly report about progress made on each issue. In addition to acquiring knowledge about the technologies that are relevant for each project, seminar participants will get hands-on experience with research techniques, including literature study, project planning, and result presentation / publication.
- Project Seminar, Praktische Informatik.
- 2h each week, over one semester (2 SWS).
- Target Audience: Students who are interested in writing their term paper or masters thesis at the Systems Architecture Group, as well as students who want to participate in one of the current projects (1) Berlin Roof Net, (2) Anonymous Reputation Management for Social Network Services, and (3) Early Warning Systems for Seismic Activities.
Credits and grading:
There are no grades for this project seminar.
In order to obtain credits (Seminarschein), participants are expected to:
- Attend regularly (at least 90%).
- Contribute to discussions and implementation/experiments.
- Research an assigned subject; present major findings (45 min presentation; 30 min discussion).
- Presentations may be given in English or German. All documents are in English (exceptions may be granted).
- Successful completion of PI-1,2,3; involvement in one of the group's 3 projects.
| 18.Apr|| Li Gang|| (I) Wireless Sensor Network Survey||  pdf|
| 25.Apr|| A. Zubow|| BRN: (I) Multi-Channel Opportunistic Routing (Part I)|| pdf|
| 02.May|| M. Jeschke|| BRN: (I) BRN Tool Box|| pdf|
| 09.May|| M. Stigge|
| ARM4FS: (I) Reputation Management Systems|
BRN: (I) Multi-Channel Link-Level Measurements
| 16.May|| U. Hermann|| BRN: (I) Network Coding for VoIP|| pdf|
| 23.May|| R. Sombrutzki|| BRN: (I) Self-Organization of Auto-Configuration Services|| pdf|
| 30.May|| J. Müller|
| BRN: (I) Internet Gateway Discovery|
BRN: (II) Multi-Channel Opportunistic Routing
| 06.Jun|| M. Jeschke|| BRN: (II) Software Distribution Plattform|| |
| canceled|| |
| 27.Jun|| U. Hermann|
| BRN: (II) Network Coding for VoIP|
BRN: (I) JIST Simuator
| 04.Jul|| all|| BRN project brainstorming (test methods, milestones, ...)|| pdf|
| 11.Jul|| R. Sombrutzki|
| BRN: (II) Self-Organization of Auto-Configuration Services|
BRN: (II) Internet Gateway Discovery
| 18.Jul|| A. Zubow|| BRN: (Ia) Network Coding for VoIP|| |